The Allied Health Professionals Group is one of the groups that, while not funded by the Manchester Cancer Provider Board, come together under the banner of Manchester Cancer.
Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) are clinicians involved in the treatment and rehabilitation of patients diagnosed with a range of conditions, including cancer. Their roles are central to patients recovering from the impact of surgery and cancer treatments in the acute, survivorship and palliative stages.
The AHPs working across Manchester Cancer come together regularly as a group. The group has AHP members across a range of acute, community and voluntary sector organisations making wider consultation possible.
The core and extended members of the AHP group include a range of disciplines:
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Occupational therapy
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Therapy Radiographers
This diagram gives more detail on the nature of these different disciplines:
(Source: National Cancer Action Team, Cancer Rehabilitation: Making Excellent Care Possible, March 2013)
These additional groups do not have the same membership requirements of Manchester Cancer Pathway Boards and Cross-cutting Boards. The membership of the Allied Health Professional Group is shown below.
Group meetings and papers
- 3rd April 2014 AHP Group Meeting Minutes 03_04_2014
- 7th July 2014 AHP Group Meeting Minutes 07_07_2014
- 7th October 2014 AHP Group Meeting Minutes 07_10_2014
- 14th January 2015 AHP Group Meeting Minutes 14_01_2015
- 23rd April 2015 AHP Group Meeting Minutes 23_04_2015
- 29th September 2015 AHP Group Meeting Minutes 29_09_2015